How to Purchase Survey Respondents
Purchase responses for your survey by setting criteria for targeting respondents, to sure they're the right fit for your research.
To purchase survey respondents, you must be subscribed to a paid plan. To set target criteria to purchase a specific audience, you must be subscribed to the Pro or Business plan.
If you aren't, the cost will be added during the checkout phase.
Steps to purchasing responses:
- Create a survey
- Go to the Send section
- Select a country
- Select demographic targeting criteria
- Set the number of responses you require
- Launch your survey
1. Create a survey
For an accurate costing of your audience, you will need to start by creating your survey: How to create a survey
The number of questions in a survey is a factor of your total cost.
Note: You will need to make at least one of your questions required to share with an audience: How to make questions required
2. Go to the 'Send' section of your survey
Scroll down to the section labelled 'Buy targeted responses' and select 'Add audience'.
3. Select a country
Firstly, select a country to survey respondents from. You can do this by clicking the drop-down bar and selecting a country from the list.
Only one country can be targeted per audience, so you'll need to create multiple audiences to target multiple countries.
Targeting a specific region
By clicking the 'Select regions' button below the location section will give you access to a list of regions you can target in your selected country.
These will vary depending on your target country but can include: Counties, States, Cities and Districts.
The availability of respondents will depend on registered panellists in those regions.
If you select more than one region within your target country, you can select a percentage of responses to collect from each.
4. Select demographic criteria
You can even balance your sample on Gender and Age criteria.
- Toggle the switch for Gender Balancing in the Gender section.
- Use the slider to select a weighted percentage of respondents based on gender.
- Toggle the switch for Age Balancing in the Age section.
- Select a minimum and maximum age for your first set of respondents and input what percentage of your panel you want this age range to represent.
- Click the '+' button to add another age range field.
- Select a minimum and maximum age for this group of respondents and repeat for any further groups.
The percentages must have up to 100.
More targeting options (Requires a subscription to Pro or Business plans)
There are a host of additional criteria you can require for your respondents. Here are the categories for those additional targeting options:
- Business & Operation
- Healthcare Consumer
- Hobbies and Interests
- Food & Beverage
- Mother & Baby
- Country-Specific Options
Selecting any of these criteria will incur require you to subscribe to the Business plan.
Note: Please note that the more specific your criteria are, the fewer panellists you'll have access to. If there are too few panellists in the region you have selected, you will receive a notice informing you that not enough people match your target audience.
5. Set the number of responses you require
You can use the slider or input a number into the field to select a number of responses for your survey.
By default, your response count will be set to 100. But you can change this to a minimum of 50 if you don't need that many.
6. Launch your survey
When you're happy with your demographic criteria, you can review your audience cost on the right of the page.
In your audience summary you will find:
- Number of responses you've requested to collect
- Price per response
- Number of survey questions
- Your targeting criteria (Country, Region, Gender, Age and any other criteria you set)
Once you launch your survey, it will join other open surveys that will be assigned to respondents that match your demographic criteria.
Payment for your audience is taken as soon as it has been approved by one of our customer support team.
We do not provide refunds once a survey has been approved for a paid campaign to collect responses.