How to Apply Points to Questions
Before applying question points, you will have to:
- Create questions
- Insert answer options
How you apply points will depend on what question type you use: Single Select or Multi-Select.
Note: Points can only be applied to answers in Quizzes.
Single Select Questions
The Multi-Choice (Single-Select) question type allows you to apply a custom amount of points to answers.
- Click the answer option you wish to apply points to
- Input the number of points you wish to be awarded in the available field
Note: Award points logically, making sure that questions of a similar difficulty award the same amount of points. An award system with trivial rules may confuse and deter respondents.
Multiple Select Questions
The Multi-Choice (Multi-Select) require choosing what answers are correct rather than apply points to individual answers.
- Click the answer option you wish to mark as correct
- Check the Correct field
You can also customize the rules for how points are awarded:
- Click your Multiple-Choice (Multi-Select) question
- Set a number of points to be awarded upon selection in the Marking Scheme: Points field
- Click the drop down to choose whether points are awarded upon all correct answers or each correct answer
Matching All Correct Answers: Points are awarded when a respondent matches all the correct answers for a question.
Each Correct Answer: Points are awarded for each individual correct answer respondents choose (1 point per answer).