These question types allow you to collect a singular date from respondents.
Note: Date question types can be used in quizzes, but points cannot be applied.
How are dates formatted?
Respondents will see a date format based on the language settings of their device. However, all dates collected will be converted to the preferred date format of your own device when you view your results.
When you insert a Date question type, only the calendar and date text field below it will be present.
The text field below the calendar will say 'Date' by default. This can be edited like any other text field.
Adding A Date Question Type
- Open the Form tab
- Click 'New question'
- Select Date
- (Optional) Click the text field below the calendar to edit the field text
- (Optional) Add a Time Field from the settings menu
Adding a Time Field to Date Questions
You can add a field for respondents to enter a time with the date from the question settings.
- Click Date Question Type
- Toggle the 'Collect time with date' switch to 'On'
A 'Time' field will now be present next to the 'Date' field.
Question Settings Bar
Here are the options available in the Question Settings Bar for Date questions:
- Collect time with date: Add time fields next to the date text fields, in which respondents can type a time.
- Numbered: This button toggles the numbering for the concerned question.
- Personal info: When enabled, the data from any question marked as PII in the ‘question settings’ will be stored as a separate response. Allowing you to identify who has completed your survey, and at what time, without viewing the other answers they’ve given.
- Required: By checking this box, respondents cannot finish the survey without completing the question.
- Link date to contact field: Pass any response data collected by this question to a custom field in your CRM.
Analyzing Dates in the Quick Report
Dates will be stored as text responses in your Quick Report, as seen in the picture above. They will appear in the order that they were submitted by respondents, from top to bottom.