This question type allows you to collect a date range from respondents, e.g. FROM: 27th August 2020 - TO: 3rd September 2020.
Note: Date Range question types can be used in quizzes, but points cannot be applied.
How are dates formatted?
Respondents will see a date format based on the language settings of their device. However, all dates collected will be converted to the preferred date format of your own device when you view your results.
When you insert a Date Range question type, only the calendars and date text fields below it will be present. You can add a field for respondents to enter a time with the date from the question settings.
The text fields below the calendars will say 'From' and 'To' by default. These can be edited like any other text field.
Adding A Date Range Question Type
- Go to the Builder
- Click ‘Add Page Items’ in the sidebar OR Scroll to the bottom of your survey and click the ‘Add Items’ button
- Drag and Drop the Date Range question to the necessary place
- Enter a Question/ Instructions
- (Optional) Click the text field below the calendars to edit the field text
- (Optional) Add a Time Field from the settings menu
Can you remove one of the calendars?
No, this is not possible. You should consider using the Date question type.
Question Quick Menu
- Undo: Reverse your previous action or measure.
- Redo: Once ‘Undo’ is clicked, the option transforms into the ‘Redo’ button. This will restore your previous action or measure.
- Delete: Permanently removes the question from the project.
- Move to Page: Select another page to move the question to.
- Copy: Duplicate your question inside of the project.
- Required: By checking this box, respondents cannot finish the survey without completing the question.
- Settings: Opens additional, question specific, features and settings.
Question Settings Menu
There is access to more question type customization settings through the ‘Settings’ button in the Question Quick Menu.
- Number this question: This button toggles the numbering for the concerned question.
- Collect time with date: Add time fields next to the date text fields, in which respondents can type a time.
Analyzing Date Ranges in the Quick Report
Date Range results will be stored as text responses in your Quick Report, as seen in the picture above. The date/time on the left will be the FROM date, whilst the data on the right represents the TO date. They will appear in the order that they were submitted by respondents, from top to bottom.