Contact Form Element
What is a Contact Form?
Contact Forms are designed to collect personal information from respondents. This information is usually comprised of:
- Company/ Job/ Occupation
- Address, City/Town, State/Province/ County
- Zip Code/ Postcode
- Email Address
- Phone Number
You will be able to chop and change what information is required from respondents.
Why use the Contact Form?
Using the Contact Form, you can collect all the personal information on your respondents you may need. Participants may be hesitant to give up this information, so it's probably best to inform them of what your intent to do with their information.
Tip: If you intend to use this information for purposes other than collating respondent demographic information, you may also want to include a Consent Form in your project.
How to Create a Contact Form
- Create a Survey, Form, or Quiz
- Click ‘Add Page Items’ in the sidebar OR Scroll to the bottom of your survey and click the ‘Add Items’ button
- Drag and Drop Contact Form into the necessary place OR Click Contact Form and then ADD TO PAGE
- Give the Contact Form a title
- Assign headings to the individual text fields
- Navigate the Question Quick Menu for additional settings and customization
The default settings for Contact Forms will display ten text boxes when the question type is inserted. These include:
- Address 2
- City/ Town
- State/ Province
- Zip/ Postal Code
- Email Address
- Phone Number
Each text box aims to collect a separate, and relevant, piece of information about your respondents. These boxes can be customized to collate most types of information, as long as the space required is relatively small.
To rename these sections, simply click the text box and replace the text. Each text field will be automatically made a required field, but you can toggle this feature through the settings menu for each individual text box.
Question Quick Menu
Inside the Question Quick Menu for Contact Forms, you will find these options:
- Undo: Reverse your previous action or measure.
- Redo: Once ‘Undo’ is clicked, the option transforms into the ‘Redo’ button. This will restore your previous action or measure.
- Delete: Permanently removes the question from the project.
- Copy: Duplicate your question inside of the project.
- Move to Page: Select another page to move the question to.
- Settings: Opens additional, question specific, features and settings.
Question Settings Menu
The Settings button, in the Question Quick Menu, will grant you access to the following settings:
- Number this question: This button toggles the numbering for the concerned question.
- Address Lookup: This option allows respondents to search for their address using a Zip Code/ Postal Code. This feature is only available in the UK and US.
How respondents interact with the Contact Form
Participants will be able to fill out each section of the contact form in the same way as Text Box (Single) questions. If you've activated the Address Lookup feature, respondents will be able to enter a zip code or postcode and select their address from a dropdown list. Their address will then autofill into the corresponding fields.
How to analyze the Contact Form Quick Report
Contact details will be compiled as a list of text responses in your Quick Report. They will be presented in the order they were collected for easy reference.