Email Address Field
What is an Email Address field?
The aim of these fields is to collect an email address from respondents, to be stored with the rest of your results.
Why use Email Address field?
Email addresses are a valuable marketing tool and can be used to advertise or promote most any service or product. On top of this, email is likely to be the preferred form of contact for a lot of respondents.
How to create an Email Address field?
- Go to the Builder
- Open the Form tab
- Click 'New question'
- Select Email Address
- Title your field
- Assign headings to text fields (if necessary)
The default settings for this question type will insert only one text field, alongside the question text space. The text box will have a textarea height of one line and will have the email Input Limitation applied. These settings can all be edited through the ‘Settings’ section of the Question Settings Bar.
Question Settings Bar
- Required: This option will appear as a box, which can be enabled or disabled. When enabled, it will force respondents to complete the question before they can finish the survey or quiz. When disabled, participants will be able to skip any question. By default, this setting will be inactive.
- Personal info: When enabled, the data from any question marked as PII in the ‘question settings’ will be stored as a separate response. Allowing you to identify who has completed your survey, and at what time, without viewing the other answers they’ve given.
- Numbered: This button toggles the numbering for the concerned question.
- Text rows: Customize the size of the textbox, and therefore the amount of text a respondent can input.
- Input Limitation: Control what type of information participants can input. Toggle between ‘None’ (no Input Limitation), ‘Numeric’ (only numbers can be input), ‘Email’ (only email addresses can be input), and ‘Web Address’ (only URLs can be input).
- Link to contact field: Choose a custom field to link all responses for this question to.
Recommended: Email custom field
How respondents interact with Email Address fields
Participants enter text into the answer field, like any other textbox based question.
How to analyze the Quick Report
The Quick Report for this question type will simply list all results as ‘text responses’.