Web Address Element
What is a Web Address field?
This type of text field is used to collect web address information from your respondents.
Why use a Web Address field?
Asking for too many details from your respondents can be off-putting for them, but you can never have too much information. Collecting web addresses is another way of learning more about your respondents, which may well be the aim of your project.
How to create a Web Address field?
- Go to the Builder
- Open the Form tab
- Click 'New question'
- Select Wed Address
- Title your field
- Assign headings to text fields (if necessary)
The default settings for this question type will insert only one text field, alongside the question text space. The text box will have a textarea height of one line and will have the web address Input Limitation applied. These settings can all be edited through the ‘Settings’ section of the Question Quick Menu.
Question Settings Bar
- Required: This option will appear as a box, which can be enabled or disabled. When enabled, it will force respondents to complete the question before they can finish the survey or quiz. When disabled, participants will be able to skip any question. By default, this setting will be inactive.
- Personal info: When enabled, the data from any question marked as PII in the ‘question settings’ will be stored as a separate response. Allowing you to identify who has completed your survey, and at what time, without viewing the other answers they’ve given.
- Numbered: This button toggles the numbering for the concerned question.
- Text rows: Customize the size of the textbox, and therefore the amount of text a respondent can input.
- Input Limitation: Control what type of information participants can input. Toggle between ‘None’ (no Input Limitation), ‘Numeric’ (only numbers can be input), ‘Email’ (only email addresses can be input), and ‘Web Address’ (only URLs can be input).
- Link to contact field: Choose a custom field to link all responses for this question to.
How respondents interact with the Web Address field
Participants will be able to enter text into the text field, like all other textbox based question.
How to analyze the Quick Report
The Quick Report for this question type will simply list all results as ‘text responses’.