What are Picture Comment questions?
Like other picture choice question types, you can upload a set of images to be evaluated by respondents. However, Picture Comments provide corresponding textboxes for participants to insert their own answers into.
To reduce the amount of clipping that occurs when uploading an image for this question type, we suggest an image ratio of roughly 131 : 95.
Why use Picture Comments?
These question types offer respondents an opportunity to critically analyze or evaluate an array of provided images. You will also receive a large data set of unique perspectives on the images regarding your set question.
How do I create a Picture Comment question?
- Go to Builder
- Open the Form tab
- Click 'New question'
- Select 'Picture Comments'
- Insert images
- (Optional) Insert text box captions
Add Another Picture Comment Box
- Click the Picture Comments question
- Select 'Add another text box'
How do I insert images?
- Click the image slot
- Select an image from your library Or Press ‘Click to upload’
- Choose an image from your files and press ‘Open’
Four image boxes will appear once this question type is inserted, and can be removed by clicking the answer option and then the ‘X’ button. Conversely, you can insert more image boxes by pressed ‘Add another text box'.
Question Settings Bar
Inside the Question Settings Bar for Picture Comments you have two options:
- Personal info: When enabled, the data from any question marked as PII in the ‘question settings’ will be stored as a separate response. Allowing you to identify who has completed your survey, and at what time, without viewing the other answers they’ve given.
- Numbered: Disable (or enable) numbering for this single question.
How respondents interact with Picture Comment questions
In this question type, respondents do not interact with the images other than to enlarge them. Instead, they are required to fill out the text boxes below each image.
How to analyze the Quick Report?
All data collected by Picture Comments will be listed under ‘Text Responses’ for the corresponding question in the Quick Report.
For more detailed instructions on analyzing your report you can visit either of these articles: