Picture Choice (Single-Select)
What are Picture Choice (Single Select) questions?
These are multiple-choice questions, where respondents can only select one answer. This question type was created for those questions where the answer options could be more visual, i.e. images instead of text. However, you are able to caption each image.
To reduce the amount of clipping that occurs when uploading an image for this question type, we suggest an image ratio of roughly 131 : 95.
Why use Picture Choice (Single Select) questions?
This question type allows you to make your survey more visually pleasing, by reducing the amount of text on the page.
How do I create a Picture Choice (Single Select) question?
- Go to the Builder
- Open the Form tab
- Click 'New question'
- Select Picture Choice (Single Select)
- Insert images
- (Optional) Insert image captions
Add Answers to Picture Choice Single Select
- Click the Picture Choice question
- Select 'Add answer'
How do I insert images?
- Click the image slot
- Select an image from your library OR Press ‘Click to upload’
- Choose an image from your files and press ‘Open’
Four image boxes will appear once this question type is inserted, and can be removed by opening the answer settings and then the ‘X’ button. Alternatively, you can insert more image boxes by clicking ‘Add Answer’.
Question Settings Bar
Inside the Question Settings Bar for Picture Choice (Single Select) you have several options:
- Personal info: When enabled, the data from any question marked as PII in the ‘question settings’ will be stored as a separate response. Allowing you to identify who has completed your survey, and at what time, without viewing the other answers they’ve given.
- Required: By checking this box, respondents cannot finish the survey without completing the question.
- Numbered: This button toggles the numbering for the concerned question.
- Randomize answer order: toggle the ability to randomly change the answer order for respondents.
- Min/ Max answers: Select the minimum and the maximum number of answers that respondents will be able to select. Changing this from one to any other number will essentially change your question type from Picture Choice (Single Select) to Picture Choice (Multi-Select).
- "Other" text choice: Allow respondents to write a free form answer to your question.
How respondents interact with Picture Choice (Single Select) questions
Image answers are selected simply by clicking the relevant image option, where the choice will be highlighted by a tick. They can also enlarge the attached images by hovering over the answer option and clicking the camera icon.
How to analyze the Quick Report?
All your data will be represented across one row in the Data Table, where the columns provide data on individual answer options. You will also be able to view your total number of responses.
The default settings for this question type will illustrate your collected data as a Column Graph, but these formats are interchangeable via the Question Quick Menu. There you will be able to choose between the additional Doughnut Chart, Line Graph, Column Graph, Radar Chart, or Pie Chart.
For more detailed instructions on analyzing your report, you can visit either of these articles: